Sunday, July 17, 2011

Attempts 2... & 3

So I to did some serious digging for good HEALTHY protein bars (again). I came across two more recipes that I wanted to test out.


Here were my results..

Numero dos..


Nutritional Facts
Calories - 226
Protein - 25 g.
Carbs - 18 g.
Fats - 6 g.

The nutritional values on these bars seem pretty decent, the only problem about these bars was the texture. It didn't "set" as much as I would have liked it to after refrigerated. Just a little too sticky for me! However, the taste of these bars were 100xxx better then my first attempt!

Numero Tres..
Nutritional Facts
Calories - 211
Protein - 12 g. (crappppy)
Carbs - 25 g. (craaaappppy again)
Fats - 7 g.

As you can see the nutritional values on these bars didn't come close to the other ones (protein & carbs). BUT they are delicious!! Its a win-lose situation... they taste great but not the healthiest. They don't taste very good...healthier.

I have decided that I'm going to put together my own recipe.. hopefully this will be my final attempt with success!

I'll let ya know how it goes...



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If yours turns out good, let me know! I'll for sure want the recipe. :)

Thomas said...

I will most definitely let you know! I'm just waiting for my protein to come in!